All Articles Tagged "fragrance"
Whether you’ve encountered the fragrant scent of roses walking through the Botanical gardens or lucky enough to receive a beautiful bouquet of long stems, there’s no denying the infectious scent of the flower of love. A scent so memorable, we often wish we could duplicate it over and over. And while there are many products that remind us of the floral scent, there’s nothing like being able to stop and smell the roses at any given moment. So with just a dap here, a spritz there, our selection of rose scented fragrances will have beauty and romance swirling around you at all times.
According to The Black Health Zone, about 40 million people in the U.S. have seasonal allergies, and many of these individuals are also “allergic” to allergy pills. This can be a challenge for those who love wearing perfumes and scents. But, instead of relying on sleep-inducing allergy treatments like Benadryl (which can also cause water retention), reduce your sneezing, watery eyes and sniffles with these allergy-free perfumes. These scents are perfect for summer, and safe for all-day wear.
The legendary Chaka Khan celebrates 40 years in show business this year, and she’s looking just as good as when she started. The Chicago native gushed to Wendy Williams about her weight loss, juice dieting, and plans to launch a new fragrance.
It’s amazing to see someone so iconic like Chaka venture out into different things in the business, especially at this stage in her career when she really doesn’t have to. It looks like Chaka has a new stylist these days, too! She looked chic on Wendy’s talk show, refined and age appropriate but still smoldering, a departure from some of the looks we had seen her in prior to her weight loss.
Head over to StyleBlazer.com to watch the clip of Chaka Khan on Wendy.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Is This Real Love? How To Avoid Getting Into a Relationship That Does Not Exist
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- TLC Was Wrong, You Could Use a Good Scrub: 5 Must Have Scrubs & Exfoliants for Summer
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta
You know how men’s cologne seems to last all day but as soon as you leave the house, the smell of your perfume has already died? Biologists are paying attention, and there may possibly be a solution on the way—swallowable perfume.
Yes, popping perfume pills may soon be a way to keep that fresh smell all throughout the day. According to Netherlands artist Lucy McRae and synthetic biologist Sheref Mansy — who are developing the idea:
Swallowable Parfume is essentially a capsule containing synthetic fragrant lipid molecules that mimic the structure of the fat molecules naturally found in the body. When those lipids get metabolized by the body’s enzymes, fragrant molecules are released and excreted through the skin’s surface through perspiration. The strength of the resulting scent is determined by the individual’s acclimatization to temperature, stress, exercise, or sexual arousal.
I’ll take that over the smell that usually results from sweating. But according to scientists, as cool as this sounds, the pill may not truly be effective. If this idea does ever make it’s to way to shelves, though, would you even try it? It seems a little out there to me. How about you?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Wah Gwan?: 9 People of Jamaican Nationality That Surprised Me
- I Am Amber Cole’s Father: Blog Post Raises New Storm
- Dear White Folks: Just Say No to Blackface This Halloween
- 8 Reasons To Date An African Man
- “Thong On Fire” and Other Hilarious Titles of Street Lit Hits
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Light Skin, Long Hair & Losing a Few Pounds
- 7 Signs You Should Be Single
Fergie has performed all over the world, married a fellow celebrity and designed a fashion line. It only makes sense that her next step was to get a fragrance.