All Articles Tagged "former slave"
Imagine that you were born just a little bit earlier, like early enough to have lived through slavery and the Civil War. Assuming that you’re black (and were indeed enslaved), now you’re a free individual. But perhaps you still harbor some resentment to the people that once owned and oppressed you and your family. Given the opportunity, what might you say to those people?
Having never been in a situation like this, most of us probably can’t imagine what we would say. But luckily, historians found a letter a former slave addressed and mailed to his former master.
Read the letter at BlackVoices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s With Some Black Women’s Fascination With Marilyn Monroe?
- The Dark Side of Being Jealous in Love
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: A*sholes & Disappearing Acts
- Undercover Brothers: Not-So-Famous Brothers of Famous Celebs
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Hair Q&A: Good Weave Hair and Flat Iron Recommendations
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots