All Articles Tagged "Florida State Attorney General’s Office"
Chris Brown picked the wrong time to start acting up. A spokesperson for the Florida State Attorney General’s Office says a warrant is being prepared for his arrest after a woman filed a police report claiming he stole her cell phone.
According to the incident report, Chris took Chrital Spann’s phone after she took a picture of him exiting a Miami nightclub with Tyga last weekend. When the girl snapped a pic of Chris in the backseat of a Bentley, he allegedly snatched the phone and told her, “B****, you ain’t giving this to no website,” rolled up the window and drove off with the iPhone.
The arrest warrant will bring Chris in for suspicion of “robbery by sudden snatching,” and if convicted he would be in violation of his five-year probation stemming from his felony assault charge three years ago and could possibly serve significant jail time. According to a source, “Chris is taking this very seriously” and is letting his lawyer handle things. And although he’s no longer in Miami, “if he needs to return for any reason, he certainly will. Chris has nothing to hide.”
I’m thinking Chris was somewhere he wasn’t supposed to; otherwise I don’t see why he flipped about a fan taking a picture. I’m pretty sure that happens every time he leaves the house.
Do you think Chris had a right to be mad at his fan snapping pics or should he be arrested for snatching her phone?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands