All Articles Tagged "fired celebrities"
It’s a good thing I didn’t place a bet on who I thought Shaunie was cutting from “Basketball Wives” because I would have been wrong. My prediction was that she would leave the show (just as a cast member, I know she’s not walking away from the producer end), and cut Kesha and Kenya since they didn’t really add anything to the show this season, except being punching bags for Tami and Evelyn, but I was only right about one choice.
According to TMZ, Shaunie has cut Kesha Nichols, Royce Reed, and Jennifer Williams from returning next season and the girls will find out the news any day now—although if they read blogs they already know. The supposed reason is that they’re “dead weight,” but if that’s the case, Suzie should have been cut a long time ago because she didn’t even instigate any drama last season and it’s been painfully obvious from the beginning that that’s her only storyline.
It’s not hard to see why Jen is cut, considering her lawsuit and all, although how ironic that when she and Evelyn makeup she gets cut. Can’t have two people actually getting along on one season can we?
TMZ hears Royce was cut because she wasn’t legally allowed to talk about Dwight Howard due to a 2009 gag order, so basically she didn’t have enough drama either— Although that’s nothing new. The main reason is likely the fact that Shaunie and Evelyn refused to tape with her so unless she started dating another man before tapping began, her storyline would be pretty dead too.
I can’t even imagine who they’ll find to replace these three, although I’m sure it won’t be as hard as I imagine. Evelyn’s assistant Nia would fit in perfectly with her slap-happy ways. She better snag herself a baller within the next few months if she wants to actually get paid rather than sued for acting a fool.
Are you surprised at the three Shaunie cut?
More on Madame Noire!
- Primping Ain’t Easy: Who Said Maintaining Biracial Hair Was Simple?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: What Should I Do About My Man’s Crazy Ex?
- Say It Loud: 8 Celebrities Whose Parents Were Activists
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Loud Cheers, No Arrests & Cultural Celebration: The Need for Black Graduation Ceremonies
- Don’t Be Desperate, Oprah: 5 Television Programs That Could Save OWN