All Articles Tagged "finding mr. right"
You’ve finally hit that time in your life when you want to find Mr. Right, get married, live together, and maybe even have children in the future. You’re done with flings and random hook-ups and instead you’re ready to find that one guy who you can happily settle down with. We’re not psychic, but we bet finding Mr. Right has proven to be a bit harder task than you ever expected. Confused as to why? Here are a few reasons why Mr. Right seems to be eluding you.
From Hello Beautiful
I’ve never really been the girl who took dating too seriously. I’m only 25 and prior to now, my main priority was having fun—and of course studying too. There were only a few guys (two or three) I actually developed feelings for. While dating them, I truly believed that I had genuine feelings for them. And maybe I did somewhere in the mix of things, but for the most part, I realized that I was just attracted to the idea of them.
Whether it was the boy who spoiled me crazy with gifts, or the “bad boy” on the opposite side of my lifestyle, or the one with promises that he had his stuff together; they were all cool and each possessed some great qualities, but when those relationships came to a halt, so did my feelings. I was able to let them go and not look back. I remember wondering, “Aren’t I supposed to be depressed and watching ‘Pretty Woman’ over a pint of Ben & Jerry’s?” While I was happy that I wasn’t severely saddened, I knew that there was a reason for my nonchalant attitude and perhaps I wasn’t wrapped up in them the way I thought I was (not for the right reasons, anyway.)
Read more at Hello Beautiful
From Your Tango
I saw a movie on starring Jim Carrey called The Yes Man that really made me think. In the film, Jim takes a personal development workshop and commits to saying “yes” to literally everything that comes his way. His life takes a wild ride as a result, with many zany adventures.
Yet, when you think about it, saying “yes” can have a tremendous positive impact on your dating and your overall life experience as well. This is particularly true if you are prone to saying “no” which happens more frequently when dating after divorce or dating over 40. When working with my dating coaching clients, I ask them to stretch and think about:
Read more at YourTango.com.
By We Love Dates
Drew Barrymore recently got married for her third, and hopefully last time. Many women see themselves when they look at Drew, because she’s a woman who is so optimistic about finding love, and no matter how many times she stumbled along the way, she never seemed to lose hope that she would indeed one day find the one.
So how can you tell if you’ve found your Mr. Right?
1. He accepts you for who you are right now, not who you want to be and never tries to change you. Are you able to be your authentic self 24/7 with him? We’re talking bad days, good days, and yep, pms days. We all have those sides to ourselves that we might not be too proud of, things we’d rather hide, and a slew of bad habits, but you should never have to fake the funk in a relationship. You’ll know he is the One if he not only sticks around through it all, but falls in love with you even more.
Check out the other 3 ways to tell if he’s the one for you on YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Can We Stop the Black Male Bashing…At Least on Father’s Day?
- Being Selfish or Being Sensible? What’s So Wrong With Not Wanting To Have Children?
- Looking Within: Am I A Match For The Ideal Man I Am Praying For?
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- In Summer Fashion, White Is The New Black: 6 White Pieces for Your Wardrobe
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day