All Articles Tagged "Fighting. Reality TV"
A lot of you out there aren’t too keen on VH1′s latest reality TV show, “Hollywood Exes” because of the idea of these women using someone else’s fame (their ex-husbands’) to gain their own, but LisaRaye has a problem with it for a totally different reason. Her reasoning isn’t really new though because while all of the ladies, and even the show’s producers, have promised that this will be a wholesome, feel-good show, the preview for the entire series shown during the first episode shows there may be a ratchet moment akin to the mess we saw on “Basketball Wives” this season. And to that, LisaRaye said:
What she’s referring to is a scene where Prince’s ex gets a little crunk with Jose Canseco’s. Customarily, a drink is thrown (I’m pretty sure that’s a requirement in every VH1 cast member’s contract) and then it looks as though things get even more physical. When I saw that preview, I definitely had a similar reaction, like really, Mayte, and I was about to quickly blast her for being way too old for that until I found out she’s 38. I mean, clearly she’s still way too old to have that type of on-camera reaction with a real life friend (Hello Evelyn) but I didn’t realize she was the same age as the BBW crew so I guess birds of a feather throw down on TV together.
Right now, it’s not clear what all went down but I’m still sitting in the LisaRaye WTF camp. Although Jessica Canseco could probably use a swift pop in the mouth every now and then, let’s not do this—for a number of reasons.
What do you think about LisaRaye’s comment and “Hollywood Exes” so far?
More on Madame Noire!
- That’s That Ish I Don’t Like: Why I Can’t Stand When Parents Talk to Kids Like Adults
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Call Me Prejudiced, But I Only Let Black Women Do My Hair
- Noire Naturals, Episode 2: Maintaining Your Twist-Out Style
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Why Did He Just Disappear?