All Articles Tagged "feet"
You can have your hair right and your outfit pressed. But if your feet are ashy and your toes crumpled you may as well go on back in the house. If you’ve ever been caught out having a bad foot day, you’re not alone. Check out our list of the the worst celebrity foot offenses.
Julianne, I’m going to say a prayer for you right now because I know you’re feet are still screaming right now after you wore these too tight shoes last night boo!
The seasoned actress showed up at the Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony Wednesday night with her toes spreading for freedom trapped inside a strappy silver sandal obviously two sizes too small — at least. Looking at the tragic photos of Ms. Moore on the red carpet, I can only assume that one, there is a stylist walking around somewhere unemployed; and two, there’s a podiatrist making a serious house call to put these toes out of misery.
I mean we’ve all maybe forgotten to pack a pair of shoes at some point and had to wear someone else’s that weren’t exactly a perfect fit — but we’re not millionaires with staff on hand to prevent and fix tragic situations like this. I honestly can’t even believe Julianne was able to walk in these heels, let alone smile at cameras in them, but somehow she managed. More importantly though, I want to know what was going through her mind as she did it.
Caption this pic and tell us what you think is going on in Julianne Moore’s head, let alone her feet’s! lol
Father’s Day is Sunday and if you’re in search for a last minute Father’s Day gift,we have some splendiferous (no, that’s not a real word) options for you, and they’re all in the beauty category. Who says dad doesn’t need to take care of himself and try some pampering? Without much frill, here are four awesome gifts that will show the great man in your life some appreciation.
1. Shave Kits
This may seem passé, but shaving for men isn’t as simple as it looks, even if they do it every day. This is especially true for men of color who deal with coarser, curlier hair textures that are prone to ingrown hairs and razor bumps (and those little bumps are not cute). Gifting dad a quality shaving kit will go a long way with keeping his skin smooth and moisturized. You can keep it all natural with Shea Moisture’s Men’s Shave Collection, which is easy to find at any Target or Walmart. Or go luxurious with the Art of Shaving’s Professional Shave Bundle, available at Macy’s and Sephora.
Yes, skincare is different from the shaving kits. In between shaves dad still needs to take care of his face, even the low-maintenance Dial soap man. Carol’s Daughter Acai Hydrating Face Butter is a quality addition to a gift bundle for dad. It’s a great moisturizer (I’m a big fan) that doesn’t leave the face shiny. Dad can simply apply it to any dry patches on his face and keep his face manly and moisturized without the shine.
3. Body Care
Never underestimate the care your father puts into his personal hygiene. We may think our father’s are simple men, but if you place something in their life they may use it and add it to their daily regimen. Men tend to be hard on their feet and every man doesn’t feel comfortable going to get that regular pedicure. So slide dad some foot powder or lotion, such as the soothing Carol’s Daughter Peppermint Foot Lotion. Sending that his way with a fresh pack of socks (and even some nail clippers) is a cute gift that will help the simple man take a step into better foot care. Kiehl’s Cross Terrain collection is another fab option that includes a dry foot cream along with a face cream and body wash, available at Nordstrom.
4. Hair Care
Dad’s hair line and hair health is just as important as our hair. Long before natural hair was the trend, our fathers were the natural trendsetters. So if you are super stuck for a gift just look at your own inventory of hair products, especially if you and your father have a similar simple hair texture. Dad still needs to keep his hair and scalp moisturized so customize a gift bundle including your favorite moisturizing product along with personal sentimental items (a book he use to read to you, music he likes, etc.,). The best gifts are ones that require some thought, and we’re sure he’ll appreciate it.
More on Madame Noire!
- Can We Stop the Black Male Bashing…At Least on Father’s Day?
- Being Selfish or Being Sensible? What’s So Wrong With Not Wanting To Have Children?
- Looking Within: Am I A Match For The Ideal Man I Am Praying For?
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- In Summer Fashion, White Is The New Black: 6 White Pieces for Your Wardrobe
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day
Hate your hips? Whether they are too flabby, too bony, too narrow, too wide or otherwise unpleasant to your eyes, chances are, most men find them attractive. Women waste an immeasurable amount of time sweating about body parts that men find Hot in any number of physical states. Check out this list to find out why you should learn to love your so-called flaws after all.
1. Feet. Many men secretly love women’s feet. They don’t even pay attention to the usual body parts that you may be squeamish about. So go get a pedicure with your favorite color and add some enticing jewelry like a gold ankle bracelet and a beaded toe ring. You may be surprised and delighted by your man’s reaction. —Dr. Erica Goodstone
2. Hands. How delicate and inviting are your hands? What do they reveal about you? If you tend to hide them in your pockets or keep them squeezed into tight fists, you may be indicating that you are insecure and witholding. Try opening your hands and becoming a symbol of receptivity, caring and readiness to connect.
3. Fingers. Do your fingers appear well groomed and classy. Are your nails neatly shaped with fresh polish in a pleasing or interesting color? Have you used your fingers to gently massage your man’s shoulders or to sensually tease his arms and back? You may be surprised at how appealing your hands can be as he imagines being tantalized by them.
Read the rest of the things men actually like about our bodies at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Have You Gotten Over Your First Love?
- Wendy, Please Stop Speaking For All Black Women and Their Need To Be Natural
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Lil Kim On What Really Went Down With Faith, Her Face, and The Engagement No One Knew About
- MN Exclusive: Eric Benét Discusses New Album and Explains His Ode To “Redbone Girl”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Girlfriends”
- How To Achieve Heatless Curls Around The House
Are your dogs barking?
We’re talking about your feet, especially now that it’s sandals season.
No, your feet may not be hurting, and you may think you’re looking pretty cute as you strut your stuff on the beach, the boardwalk or even at work.
But neglected feet can rob you of the cute factor big time. Your feet may be barking big time and begging for a little TLC.
This can be true even if you go to your favorite spot to have a regular pedicure or give yourself a pedicure at home every once in a while.
That’s because your feet need some attention in between your pedicures too.
Here are some steps to follow:
Bringing you fashion or beauty tips to help you feel simply divine. 5 Simple Steps To Get Hot Feet
We Goddesses love shoes right? Well I do NOW … for a few years I was on ‘simplify my shoes’ kick and had only one pair of sensible black shoes during those dark days … but I digress. Many shoes that show off our delightful feet are open and strappy.
But what happens when you take your feet out of woolly socks for the first time in months and see just what they’ve been doing in the dark?
Ladies, scrub the bottom of your feet so they’re smooth!
For the complete story, visit YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black CelebsII
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon
Baby, it’s cold outside; and while this is the title of a popular song, it’s also the cause of some really ashy elbows, cracked lips, heels and parched hair that could been prevented. Everyone knows looking and feeling dry isn’t cute, but the harsher the winds whip, the more likely it seems that you’ll wind up this way this winter. You might wind up ashy by accident, but you sure don’t have to stay that way with products like these on the market that keep you moisturized from head to toe–literally.
The time has come. We’ve been hinting around for long enough for you all to know it’s time to get your feet ready for the Spring. During the winter, it’s oh so easy to neglect your toesies. But if you haven’t already, now is the time to strip off the socks, clean out the toe jam and make sure the toes are ready to make their warm weather debut. If you can’t stand the nail shop, have a fear of the bacteria lurking in those tubs or don’t want to wonder if somebody is talking about you in another language, take the steps to do your feet in the comfort of your home.
A month ago, we described how to prevent diabetes. But we realized that as obesity continues to plague our country, younger people are receiving diabetes diagnoses. A diabetes diagnosis can be terrifying. The disease is tricky and can lead to so many other problems; however, it is completely manageable with a little work. If you’re living with diabetes, here a few ways to do it right.