All Articles Tagged "Facebook Pics"
I knew I was being sabotaged! Just kidding, but seriously I just said something about this last week, wondering what happened to the days when people would ask if it was OK to put a certain picture of you on Facebook before you went online and saw a notification that someone posted a pic of you looking like whodunnit. A new survey shows those unflattering pics your Facebook friends tag you in may not just be a matter of differing taste but a conscious choice to throw e-shade. Great, just what we need more women hating on each other.
Photo gifting site MyMemory polled 1,512 women over the age of 18 and found that one-fourth of women admitted to having tagged unflattering photos of their friends on Facebook. Another two-fifths of women fessed up to purposely posting a picture of a friend without makeup. Not wearing makeup doesn’t make someone unattractive so I assume this was done to people who normally have on a full face and would not be pleased to have a photo of them without it floating around on the Internet. What’s worse is when asked to remove an unflattering photo, one-fifth of the women surveyed said they refused. That’s how World Star Hip Hop videos start. Even more ironic is the fact that 65 percent of the women polled said they would be angry if a friend posted a bad photo of them even though they had no problem doing it to someone else.
“To see that so many women deliberately commit ‘photo sabotage’ and upload unflattering pictures of friends is somewhat surprising, particularly when you consider how many said they’d be mad if the same was done to them,” Rebecca Huggler, co-founder of MyMemory, told the Telegraph.
There really isn’t much more to say about this other than haters gone hate, and the term “friends” in relation to people you connect with on Facebook should be used loosely. Unfortunately there isn’t much you can do if someone tries to play you with a busted Facebook photo other than untag yourself but hopefully you don’t have any shady people around you like that—or you’re not one yourself.
Have you ever been a victim of Facebook photo sabotaging? Have you ever posted unflattering pics of friends on purpose?
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Every (Black) Woman: Do You Feel Pressure To Always Represent For The Sistas?
- An Open Letter To the Virtual Church Lady: Why Do You Talk So Much About Jesus On Facebook?
- Love All Over Her: Monica Talks Falling In Love With Shannon, Says She Let Him Lead
- You’re Not Idris: Why The Man You’re Not Immediately Attracted To Could Be Your Perfect Match
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Tyson Chandler
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It