All Articles Tagged "Essence Music Festival Fashion"
The 2012 Essence Music Festival brought the big guns onstage (Chaka Khan killed it while looking super svelte and D’Angelo made a comeback), but we got the real dish offstage. StyleBlazer was on the scene to chat with our favorite celebs! Uber-stylist June Ambrose told us how to stay cool when it’s sweltering outside, and the handsome Eric Benet gave his definition of a perfectly dressed woman.
StyleBlazer: What’s your top tip for staying cool in the heat?
June Ambrose: You have to wear breathable underwear. Keep the meat neat, ladies. And you don’t want your box to be uncomfortable. Reasonable undergarments are the foundation for feeling secure and confident and you want fabric that breathes.
Check out more celebrity summer style tips from EMF on StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Every (Black) Woman: Do You Feel Pressure To Always Represent For The Sistas?
- An Open Letter To the Virtual Church Lady: Why Do You Talk So Much About Jesus On Facebook?
- Love All Over Her: Monica Talks Falling In Love With Shannon, Says She Let Him Lead
- You’re Not Idris: Why The Man You’re Not Immediately Attracted To Could Be Your Perfect Match
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Tyson Chandler
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It
The Essence Music Festival wrapped up last night and as expected, New Orleans didn’t just shut it down when it came to musical acts (D’Angelo, Mary J. Blige, and Chaka Khan to name a few), but everyone showed off their best threads. And the hot and hazy weather didn’t stop the fashionable ladies and gents from showing us how it’s done. The reoccurring theme was color, color…and more color. And for those who kept the look fairly simple with muted tones, they upped the ante with stellar accessories.
Take a look at some of Essence Music Festival’s best dressed guys and dolls on StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers