All Articles Tagged "DeBarge family"
After canceling a comeback tour and going to rehab last year to get help for a substance abuse problem, it seems that singer El Debarge is still battling with drugs. The 51-year-old had done a two-year stint in prison for a previous drug possession arrest, and he was just arrested again on Monday, this time on suspicion of drug possession with intent to sell, in the Encino neighborhood. According to the Los Angeles Times, undercover narcotics officers conducting an investigation saw the singer and another man on the street acting “suspiciously.” I’m really tired of that word…
Anyway, after noticing them, the officers found drugs where the singer had been standing. The man with him was busted for attempted drug possession, while El was arrested for attempting to sell drugs. DeBarge posted a bail of $30,000. His attorney though, told the Los Angeles Times that he was skeptical about the charge, especially since he knows El’s past issues with drug abuse–not the sale of it. He issued the following statement:
“The DeBarge family is very close knit and have had their struggles with substance abuse. They will do what they always have done, which is to support their sibling through this.”
Man, their family is really going through it these days (James is actually in jail with Conrad Murray of all people). Let’s hope he’ll get through this and get help again.
More on Madame Noire!
- That’s My Cousin! Famous Black Celebrities Who Are Related
- Why I’m Concerned about Lala and Her Fake Full Court Life
- Before the Money, Honey: Women Who Stood By Their Men Before and After the Fame
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “A Different World”
- Confessions of a Loud Black Woman
- Is He Dating Other People? 7 Signs You’re One Of Many
- Trayvon Martin, His Witness and What We Should Be Teaching Our Children About Racism
- Should Black Folks Feel Obligated To Speak To Each Other?