All Articles Tagged "day care"
Are you the new kid on the block when it comes to finding the right daycare for your child? This is a very hard decision to make for new parents.
Honestly before I provide some great resources to help you in this process I have to vent about my frustration about American policies on maternity leave. Here is a recent excerpt from Catalyst.org about family leave:
” The United States is one of the few industrialized nations that does not provide paid family leave for new parents. Some parents can take time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, which guarantees eligible employees at companies with more than 50 employees 12 weeks of unpaid, job-guaranteed leave for the birth of a child or care of a newborn, adoption of a child, to care for an immediate family member with a serious health condition, or to take medical leave for a serious health condition. Although some individual companies offer a paid maternity leave benefit, many parents end up using a combination of short-term disability, sick leave, vacation, personal days, and unpaid family leave.”
Find out what you need to be looking for when you send your child out of the house at HelloBeautiful.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Gucci This, Louis That: 7 Signs That You’re “Bougie”
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live : Ready for Kids & Clingy Types
- Behind the Music: 7 Celeb Stories VH1 Needs To Get On Now
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband