All Articles Tagged "David Guetta"
I think I got so used to Cassie being a fab model and Diddy’s arm candy that I forgot that she originally came on the scene as a singer–or something like it. I know ya’ll remember “Me & U“! After much talk about her new music, appearances on 106 & Park and a video teaser, Cassie finally debuted the video for her track, “King of Hearts” today in honor of Valentine’s Day. This is her first real single since 2008. As you were probably expecting, the video is 90 percent about her giving good face, eight percent about her showing off some here and there dancing skills in an Aaliyah-esque outfit, and two percent about showcasing her singing skills. Cassie prances around topless and in a barely there dominatrix outfit (that’s more of Rihanna’s steeze Cass…) and silk shirt, and STILL has both sides of her head shaved. Why that fashion trend hasn’t been put into the ground yet, I’m still baffled and can’t understand…
In the end, this is a very David Guetta-esque dance party track, which you shouldn’t be surprised by since that’s all these pop and R&B kids are giving us nowadays. Not bad, but I doubt it will end up on my iPod. What about you? Check out the video and track below…
More on Madame Noire!
- Are You Giving Folks The WHOLE Story When It Comes to Your Relationship Drama?
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- Moooooom!: 6 of Hollywood’s Most Embarrassing Mothers
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- 7 Misconceptions Men Have About Women
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Beauty At The Least: The Best Bargains To Help You Stay Beautiful
- Black vs. African American: Do You Have a Preference?
Whoa! Talk about déjà vu. Not only did new female rapper Brianna Perry drop a video for her single called “Marilyn Monroe” last week, but weren’t we just having a conversation about black women’s fascination with Ms. Monroe?
Either way, Nicki Minaj, the woman of one thousand personalities, released her new track based around the struggles of being misunderstood and having her many good days and pretty crappy ones as well, and yes, it’s named after the old-school bombshell. This track is a total 360 spin compared to the controversial song “Stupid H*e” and its banned video. It’s definitely easier on the ears and brain, but still, after like a minute…I think I get the point. After this sing-songy track, her feature alongside Madonna for “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and that single she has with David Guetta called “Turn Me On,” is it just me, or is Nicki going completely pop these days? Hey, I guess that’s where the money is, so she better make it!
Lyrics in the song “Marilyn Monroe” include the following:
“I can be selfish, yeah so impatient, sometimes I feel like I’m Marilyn Monroe…Call it a curse, or just call me blessed, if you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best, this must be how Marilyn Monroe felt…”
Okay Nicki, we see you, and we’re glad you have insight on how Marilyn felt since you knew her like that. *side eye*
So what do you think of the track? Check it out below and let us know!
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Were Engaged?
- Quiet On The Set! Celeb’s Who Secretly Hooked Up At Work
- On The Brink Of A Break Up ? Make Sure You Don’t Do It This Way…
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Neon Sense! Colorful and Playful Pieces to Brighten Up Winter Days
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- How to Choose a Hairstyle That Fits Your Face
- Hair Q&A: Protein Treatments and Double Heat