All Articles Tagged "David Broome"
I know, just what we need, another “American Idol,” “The Voice,” X Factor” type of show, but with the queen behind this series it could be great. Despite the number of music competition shows currently on TV, millions of viewers continue to tune in every week to watch their favorite girl next door compete to launch a singing career, and Queen Latifah is about to cash in on that opportunity.
Partnering with David Broome, Executive Producer and Creative Director of “The Biggest Loser, Queen Latifah will produce a new show titled “The Star Next Door.” The CW has already ordered 10 episodes of the series which will feature Gloria Estefan and country music star John Rich on a nationwide search to find new talent. They will also act as mentors to potential artists who will immerse themselves in the lives of these performers.
The show sounds a lot like what’s already out there so it’s not clear what this competition’s niche will be, but the queen probably has something up her sleeve. In the meantime, she also has plenty of other Flavor Unit projects to keep her busy, like “Single Ladies” and her own daytime talk show which should debut next year.
Will you check out “The Star Next Door” or are you over these types of shows?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is The Black Standard of Beauty Giving You Low Self-Esteem?
- True Life: If I Could Say Anything to My First Love, I’d Say…
- No Child Left Behind: Can Having a Big Family Harm Your Children?
- 7 Things A Man Only Does If He’s Serious About You
- Brotherly Love: Celebrity ‘Bromances’ We Like To See
- I’m Sorry, But You Can’t Put Your Biological Clock on Snooze Forever
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Is Graduate School Worth It? 6 Things To Consider Before Taking The Plunge