All Articles Tagged "dating the wrong men"
To consider your failed relationships a waste of time is to be naïve. You wouldn’t be able to enjoy the better relationships you have today without those less-than-great boyfriends. Let’s say thanks to our exes, because—whether we enjoyed it or not—they taught us these 14 crucial points about relationships.
In part one of this video series, we met Rebecca, a 41-year-old woman who is looking to get back in the dating scene after taking 17 years off to focus on raising her daughter. She shared her struggles with getting back into dating and admitted that she would like to get married in the next four years.
In this video, Dating & Relationship Expert and YourTango Expert Lori Pinkerton helps Rebecca find out ways she can tell if a man is relationship material or not. Rebecca says she’s meeting and attracting men, but they turn out to be not right for her and she wonders what she’s doing wrong.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Severity Behind Every Street Holla
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Is Sex Addiction the Land Where All Cheating Lovers Go?
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- Dry Season: Seven Reasons to Consider Being Celibate
- What You Do And Don’t Need To Agree On In A Relationship
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Open Letter to Single Black Women
What is a bad boy really? Is it someone who does drugs? Someone who sleeps with a different girl every night? Someone who has done a few stints in prison? Sure, as far as society is concerned, these guys aren’t all that great. But, for the purposes of dating, a bad boy is just one who isn’t making you happy. One who doesn’t think about your needs—whether he means to or not—and isn’t giving you what you want. You can make all the excuses in the world for the guy, but those excuses aren’t going to keep you warm at night or text you back when you’ve been waiting hours for a response. Any of these excuses sound familiar?