All Articles Tagged "Cumberland County"
A “defiant” North Carolina woman was recently tasered in front of her 3-year-old daughter for refusing to leave a McDonald’s drive-thru line.
Evangeline Lucca, 37, reportedly cut the line and was refused service by McDonald’s employees who told her she had to wait in line like everyone else. Police arrived on the scene after the woman held up the drive-thru line for 20 minutes, refusing to leave unless she was served. Anthony Rich, a customer who was in the parking lot at the time, told the Fay Observer:
“Two or three officers entered the car with her and started trying to forcibly drag her out of the car, and that’s when you could hear the clicking sound of the taser one time. They pulled on her a couple of times, and then they tased her again, and when they tased her the second time, she just flopped out of the car like a fish.”
Debbie Tanna, a public information officer for the Cumberland County Sherriff’s Office, said that Evangeline “would not get off McDonalds property,” and was “threatening the deputies,” when they arrived. According to her, the woman was “drive tased in her side,” meaning officers didn’t deploy the prongs from the taser, they just gave her an electric shock.
Evangeline was charged with second-degree trespassing for the hold-up, and is reportedly in custody until she pays her bond. Her daughter was unfortunately taken into protective custody.
Do you think Evangeline Lucca should have been tasered in this situation? How do you feel about police using tasers overall?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Were Engaged?
- Quiet On The Set! Celeb’s Who Secretly Hooked Up At Work
- On The Brink Of A Break Up ? Make Sure You Don’t Do It This Way…
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Neon Sense! Colorful and Playful Pieces to Brighten Up Winter Days
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- How to Choose a Hairstyle That Fits Your Face
- Hair Q&A: Protein Treatments and Double Heat