All Articles Tagged "Croatia"
Beyonce and Jay-Z may have copyrighted Blue Ivy’s name to keep people from capitalizing on their daughter’s residual fame, but one thing they can’t do is stop people from offering her dual citizenship it seems because that’s exactly what Major Pjerino Bebic of the island of Hvar in Croatia has offered the five month old.
“We woke up this morning, took a nice little walk, passed by this beautiful blue tree. I think it’s Blue Ivy, which would be quite appropriate!”
Curious stans have been traveling to the island in droves ever since and Major Pjerino Bebic is only trying to increase those rates (and repay Blue Ivy’s inadvertent kindness for being born, I suppose) by offering her citizenship on the island. He said in a letter to the family:
“The story of the origin of the name of your daughter has brought enormous media attention and therefore tourist promotion to the town and island of Hvar. Because of this, I have decided to confer on your daughter the status of honourary citizen of the town of Hvar.”
Mama Bey and papa Jay can probably come and go as they please too, as long as they promise to post plenty of pics letting people know about the wonderful Croatian people, places, and sites. SMH At this rate, Lonely Planet will have to boost Hvar’s current standing as the fifth best vacation destination in 2012 to somewhere near the number one spot. Here’s a look back at that video that put Blue Ivy on the Croatian map.
Can Major Bebic count on you to plan your next vacay to the island of Hvar?
More on Madame Noire!
- HALF ON A BABY: The Top 7 Ways You’ll Know He’s Ready For Kids
- Race To The Ring: Will These Women Get Their Famous Men To Put A Ring On It?
- Are You an Alpha Female?
- Let’s Talk, Ladies: Are You Afraid Of The “S” Word?
- My Story: For Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Suicide When the Law Couldn’t Protect Them From Incest
- Locs to Love: 7 Celebs With Fabulous Locs
- Noire Naturals, Episode 1: The Natural Twist Out
When the media first learned that Jay-Z and Beyonce had named their daughter Blue Ivy, the origin of the name was thought to be based on Jay-Z’s classic Blueprint album and the Roman Numeral IV but Beyonce’s recently released Tumblr page hints at a new meaning behind the baby’s name.
In one of the few video clips on the site,a pregnant Bey is seen standing next to a tree while on vacation in Croatia with Jay and she says this:
“We woke up this morning and took a nice little walk and passed by this beautiful blue tree. I think it’s Blue Ivy, which will be quite appropriate.”
Perhaps they’d already settled on the name and came across this tree by coincidence or maybe that’s where the inspiration came from. We’ll have to wait til she does her first post-baby interview to see.
What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: If I Could Talk to My Younger Self, I’d Say…
- Back to the Drawing Board: 9 Black Films That Were Disappointing…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Waiting on a Ring & Rolling With Frenemies
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- 9 Celebs Who Tried The Half-Shaved Hairstyle: Who Made it Fierce and Who Failed?
- I Just Want To Thank Your Parents: Fathers and Mothers of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- Beauty Bests For Belles On A Budget
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”