All Articles Tagged "Contempt"
I don’t think Tawanna can divorce her estranged husband, Allen Iverson, soon enough. A couple of months ago, Allen asked a judge to dismiss his wife’s petition for divorce because they were still having relations, but now he wants her locked up and doing time—although she may have sort of put herself in this position.
According to AI, while he was away in Asia for a basketball engagement, Tawanna ransacked his house, taking furniture, art, memorabilia, a large chunk of cash, and pretty much anything she could get her hands on. Allen says he’s asked his old lady to return his stuff on several occasions and she’s refused, so now he’s filed a motion for contempt in Georgia. Allen says Tawanna should be held in contempt for harassing him and thrown in jail until she returns her belongings. He also wants an order barring her from entering his home. He probably should have done that already.
I’d be careful if I was him though, especially when it comes to claims that his soon-to-be ex-wife took a wad of cash from the house. This is the same man who supposedly overdrew the couple’s account by $23,000 to buy jewelry, leaving his wife and kids high and dry. Not to mention he was recently ordered to repay the $850,000 he owes to a jewelry company. Tawanna was probably just trying to look out for her and the kids, although she may have gone about it in a ratchet way.
Do you think Tawanna should get time?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Uh, Somebody Lied to You: 8 Misconceptions About Single Black Women
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Dating the Ex’s Friend & Waiting for His Libido
- Bet You Didn’t Know: The Secrets Behind The Making of Love Jones
- Should Meagan Good Stay Off The Pole?
- The Frazzled Day When My New Man Almost Met My Ex Man
- Loving All of Yourselves: Embracing Who You Were Then & Who You Are Now
- Saving the Straightened Strands: 6 Tips for Taking Care of Relaxed Hair