All Articles Tagged "Clowning"
So last week, singer Tank completely clowned Brian McKnight for his musical request to let women allow him to show them how their p*ssy works. Specifically, he said:
“First of all, he’s got a Mohawk. Let’s start there. He’s 57 years old with a Mohawk. I don’t condone anybody over seven at this point with a Mohawk. The Mohawks have now become cute. And then, I don’t condone the switch between Harvard and then a a bad version of a hood singer.”
But low and behold, five days later, Tank shows up on the scene selling his package through the Internet in a random twitpic/instagram/NSFW body-baring photo showing us all that he has to offer. And though part of me wants to say Thank ya Jesus, the other half is like wait, did you just pull a Brian McKnight? (sans vocals)
While Tank was trying to clown Brian for being 57 years old and desperate—when he’s really only 42—he’s not too far behind him pulling this stunt at 36. Blame Eddie Long for my aversion to men taking pics of themselves in the mirror scantily clad with iPhones and then posting them for the world to see, but this just rubs me the wrong way. Had it been a photo shoot, he’d have my approval 99 percent but you can’t knock another R&B singer in your same lane for a desperate attempt to boost female fans and then do the same thing—at nearly the same age.
I suppose since Tank already has some hood appeal he thinks he gets a pass for this antic but I’m thinking pass DENIED. Am I alone or is Tank foul for this?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Can We Ever Get The Black Family Sitcom Back?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Post-Baby Fab: Fantasia Shows Off New Curves, New Hair & New Colorful Look