All Articles Tagged "Chuck Woolery"
I know, I don’t know where he came from either, but former “Love Connection” host Chuck Woolery was determined to make his presence known at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) with a ridiculous statement about civil rights.
Last Thursday, Chuck met with former Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann at CPAC in DC. While there he said it was wrong for the U.S. Court of Appeals to find Proposition 8, the anti-gay marriage law in California, unconstitutional because, you know, gays don’t need need protection from discrimination.
”Majority rules,” he said. “We were born with national rights. We don’t need civil rights. [African-Americans] don’t need civil rights. They don’t need them. They have inalienable rights granted by God in the Constitution. I mean, I’m discriminated against all the time. I don’t care. It doesn’t bother me. [I'm discriminated against] because I’m old.”
Oh Chuck, if only it were that simple. In an ideal world those inalienable rights would be enough, but anyone who’s been on this earth for 30 seconds knows the Constitution was not meant to grant rights to blacks or homosexuals—and please don’t try to equate your discrimination with everyone else’s.
Also, I didn’t know God wrote the constitution? Get this man out of here.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Career Bucket List: Things to Accomplish At Your Job Before You Go
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- Why Do We Love Sophia Grace and Not Other Little Black Girls?
- Lies and Deceit: Sex Myths, Fallacies and Falsehoods We Spread
- 7 Misconceptions Men Have About Women
- Reggie Bush: A Man After a Homewrecker’s Own Heart
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Black vs. African American: Do You Have a Preference?