All Articles Tagged "choose insurance carrier"
Check Their Claims Track Record
The number one reason you should choose an auto insurance carrier is its track record. A promise means nothing from a company that doesn’t pay out claims fairly and promptly. Although every company claims to have the best claims service in the industry, you can check by talking to other customers, such as friends and family, who have had claims with that company, as well as through reviews done by customers over the years. If word of mouth doesn’t get you far, you can also check for any complaints from that company with the state insurance bureau or your local Better Business Bureau.
Investigate the Service Options
Buying the policy isn’t the end of your relationship. Over time you’ll need to add, delete and edit cars, drivers and coverages on your policy as your circumstances change. You may also have questions about your policy or need information to provide to the government or to your car loan provider. So, you need to buy from a company that has customer service options that fit your needs–your ever-changing needs. Ask yourself how you most prefer to interact with your company and look for the ones that offer that. If you’re unsure, it’s best to find one that offers several options–through a personal agent, a 24 hour call center and over the Internet.
Since we all live in the real world, we know that price is an important factor in buying anything. While you shouldn’t make the decision based on price alone, it’s worth doing some price comparisons. Be sure to ask for quotes based on the exact same coverages, vehicles and drivers so that you can weigh your options. Also, make sure you get the numbers in writing so that you can easily compare them side by side.
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s With Some Black Women’s Fascination With Marilyn Monroe?
- The Dark Side of Being Jealous in Love
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: A*sholes & Disappearing Acts
- Undercover Brothers: Not-So-Famous Brothers of Famous Celebs
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Hair Q&A: Good Weave Hair and Flat Iron Recommendations
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots