All Articles Tagged "chemist"
WHO: Balanda Atis, New Jersey
WHAT: Group Leader (Chemist) in Research & Innovation at L’Oréal USA
ANNUAL SALARY: $70,00-$118,900 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
THE GIG: As a trained chemist and group leader at L’Oréal USA, Atis oversees a group of chemists and engineers as they work together to create cosmetics products for the various brands under the L’Oréal umbrella. Atis and two other chemists spent six years developing new shades of makeup that complement the diverse skin tones of women of color. After taking skin tone measurements from over 27,000 women from 57 different countries, the end result was the launch of 30 new shades of make-up for various brands including L’Oréal’s True Match.
Read the rest about Atis’ cool job at BlackEnterprise.com
More on Madame Noire Business!
- About Their Business: 7 Black Female Politicians Who Made History
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire
- The Career Freshman Part II: Getting To The Next Level in Your Career
- Crisis Management Lessons: Handle Scandal Like Your Name Is Kerry Washington
- Behind the Click: Susan Nicholas, Founder & CEO of DocPons Inc.
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: A Sister-Run Business Brings High-End Tea Stateside