All Articles Tagged "chad johnson foreclosure"
Well, this is bad timing isn’t it? Before Chad and Evelyn’s violent altercation last weekend, they were already facing a different domestic problem—owing a contractor money for work he did on the couple’s home.
According to TMZ, Jacinth Preston worked on Chad’s Florida home and claims the ex-NFL star owes him $130,000; hence, he’s filed a lien against Ocho to get his money.
“According to docs filed in Broward County, FL on August 7, Jacinth Preston claims Chad owes him the chunk of change for work done on Johnson’s home … the same home where the alleged domestic violence incident with Evelyn Lozada occurred.
“Preston claims the money stems from providing ‘salary, car insurance, cleaners, landscaping, decorating.’
“According to the lien, if Johnson doesn’t pay off the debt soon, his house could be foreclosed on.”
From the sounds of things, the house was solely in Chad’s name which means he’s the only one responsible for paying Preston. This also means he continues to be the one to bear the bulk of the consequences in the couple’s domestic altercation last week.
As Complex put it:
“It seems Johnson just missed an $863 maintenance fee and also currently owes more than $28,000 in back pay on the property.
“In addition to that news, it was also just reported that Johnson took out a private $150,000 loan from a pair of investors recently that required him to put up a $350,000 home currently occupied by one of his baby mothers as collateral. He has until 2015 to pay back that loan, but…yeah. He’s currently unemployed—and about to go through a divorce—so his ability to pay that back might be in serious doubt.”
Looks like the space Chad was occupying between that rock and a hard place just got even tighter.
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities