All Articles Tagged "Celebrate"
Dear Sista Complains A Lot: There is something that I’ve been wanting to say to you and I finally think it’s time. I’m hoping that you can hear me over your constant grumbles of discontent. I’m praying that you can put aside your finger pointing, wailing and yammering for just a few minutes and process what I have to say.
The honest truth is that no matter how much time you spend “venting,” whining or complaining, the only person that can change your situation is you. I’m sorry, but it’s my turn to complain. You need to know that talk without action is just a bunch of noise.
If you are reading this letter and you are not sure if it applies to you, there are a few clear signs that you’re a Constant Complainer: If you call your friends and they don’t answer or call you back. When your sister or best friends constantly says, “Are we back on this subject again?” If your Mama always says, “Baby, just let that go already!” Or, lastly, if your co-workers have stopped inviting you to lunch and wrap things up fast when they see you coming.
I have some suggestions based on what has worked for others in my life and for me.
Go On a Complaint Diet, Girl!
Limit the number of people and number of times that you vent about a situation, I usually stick with 3. But get it out of your system in the first 72 hours so that you have time to move on. If the situation is long term, move immediately to the next step.
Hatch a Plan
Once you have sat and processed the problem. Come up with a reasonable plan of action to get over it and on with it. Sharing your plan with the same folks you regularly vent to is a great way to let them know you are moving forward, and I’m sure their support will follow.
Read More at BlackVoices.com
Not too long ago we released the audio for Whitney Houston’s last recorded song, “Celebrate.” It was a collaboration with American Idol winner and co-star Jordin Sparks for their upcoming movie, “Sparkle.” Recently, the visuals for the song came out and they’re too cute. Upbeat and fun but still a celebration of our fallen musical icon. Check out the video below and let us know if you’re feeling both it and the song.
More on Madame Noire!
- That’s That Ish I Don’t Like: Why I Can’t Stand When Parents Talk to Kids Like Adults
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Call Me Prejudiced, But I Only Let Black Women Do My Hair
- Noire Naturals, Episode 2: Maintaining Your Twist-Out Style
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Why Did He Just Disappear?
It’s nothing short of kismet that Whitney Houston’s last recorded song, “Celebrate” is about getting rid of the hate and negativity to take time and focus on the good in people. Jordin Sparks presented the single to Ryan Seacrest this morning on his radio show. It’s hit the internet since then and now we’re bringing it to you.
Check out the track, which will be featured on the Sparkle soundtrack. The movie, which was Houston’s first film since the 1996 hit, The Preacher’s Wife will open in theaters on August 17.
More on Madame Noire!
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Got A What?! Yo, Gotta Get A Ruffneck! Cutie Pie Celebs Who’ve Been Around The Block
- How I Learned To Stop Giving Boyfriends Husband Privileges
- Who’s Going To Be The One To Tell Chelsea Her Jokes On Black Women Just Aren’t Funny?
- WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
- LIP SERVICE: Lipsticks That Will Light Up Your Lips! – EDITOR PICKS
Today Michelle Obama turns 48, and the First Lady of the United States of America looks just as vibrant as she did when she entered the white house four years ago.
President Obama sent out a message to supporters today to ask them to show his wife some special love on her birthday while acknowledging that the first lady has been the backbone of his success. Here’s what he wrote:
“I’m writing because our FLOTUS, Michelle, turns 48 on Tuesday, and I know I’m not her only fan out there, join me in wishing her a happy birthday.
“This fall, Michelle and I will have been married 20 years. The next 10 months will be harder than any we’ve experienced together, and I couldn’t do it without her. I know she’d love to hear from you today.”
I’m sure Mrs. O’s twitter account is buzzing with lots of happy bday wishes. Here’s hoping she’s surrounded by love today and that the critics give her a day to simply celebrate who she is.
Check out this video of FLOTUS getting her dougie on at Alice Deal Middle School. There’s no word on how she’ll celebrate her bday but I’m sure there will be lot’s of dancing. Happy Birthday Michelle Obama!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- 10 Artists That Blew Up…But Shouldn’t Have
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Vitamin B(eautiful): Nutrients To Help You Stay Healthy and Gorgeous