All Articles Tagged "Canceled"
I think Aretha may have set a new record today: shortest engagement ever. After announcing she would be marrying longtime friend William Willie Wilkerson on Jan. 3, a rep for the 69-year-old “Natural Woman” says the couple has decided to hold off on wedding plans.
The statement says:
“Will and I have decided we were moving a little too fast, and there were a number of things that had not been thought through thoroughly. There will be no wedding at this time. We will not comment on it any further because of the very personal and sensitive nature of it. We appreciate all of the many well wishes from friends.”
Aww shoot. I wonder if Willie was skimping out on the r-e-s-p-e-c-t? At least the two saw things clearly before moving ahead with their summer 2012 plans and even walking down the aisle. Still something seems funny.
What do you think about Aretha calling off her engagement?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- He Loves Me: Men Who Just Adore Their Wives
- Trail Blazer! Lead The Pack With These Colorful and Print-Tastic Jackets
- Battling A Bad Breakup? Try NOT To Do Any Of These Things…
- Stereotypes That Black People Uphold
- Lesson for My Future Daughter: Love Your Face… Without Makeup
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Is ‘The Bachelor’ The ‘Love and Hip Hop’ of White America?