All Articles Tagged "calling"
Last weekend I was a guest on the R&B podcast hosted by my good friend Lincoln Anthony Blades. He asked me to discuss men jumping ship during the dating process.
Before You take a listen, let me paint the picture: So guy chases down girl, guy gets girl’s number, girl is like, “ok I guess so you aite, we’ll talk”, then guy and girl go out a few times, have a few great conversations, maybe talk about future dates, then……………………………………………his calling pattern changes, contact less frequent, dates? What date? A call or text may come up a few weeks later and he sincerely replies with, “been busy”…………………………………………………………………… sir?!
How do you process a situation like this? I mean from bird’s eye view it’s simple, but when you’re actually the one who was wined, dined and denied it’s a whole other ball game.
The answer is quite simple. The lovely man you gave your number to was probably on the prowl, has an existing relationship or some messy unfinished business on the side. When we date ideally it’s more than one prospect in the running at any one time. Men tend to understand this and adopt this principle with ease sometimes slipping up with words, promising things they have no business promising.
Read more at HelloBeautiful
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Black Male: The 5 Steps to Approaching A Woman
- Where Are They Now? 11 Singers and Rappers Who Didn’t Blow Up Like We Thought They Would…
- Signs He Will NEVER Be Into You
- OO-OOP! Did You Know These Celeb Women Are Deltas?
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- Love On Your Terms: Are Your Expectations Too High?
If you are dating someone who has a strong preference for textual communication, you know how frustrating it can be when all you want to do is hear his voice on the other end of the phone. Thankfully, YourTango Experts is here to help.
In this video, dating coach, matchmaker and YourTango Expert Julianne Cantarella offers advice about what to do when your man opts to text you even when the occasion warrants a more personal form of communication.
“The way you get it to stop is by setting precedence from the beginning for no texting,” says Julianne. “Texting can create a false sense of intimacy allowing you to believe that you’re in an exclusive relationship when you really aren’t.”
Watch what this expert has to say about this subject at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- An Open Letter to People With Jobs…Who Don’t Want to Work
- Wondering What The Most Popular Baby Names Were of 2011?
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- Evening Eye Candy: Model Broderick Hunter
“I just told my boyfriend that he better x, y and z more,” my friend says all the time. I can’t help but think, That’s not going to fix anything. If you have to remind the guy to do everything, or at least the things that are important to you, there is something seriously wrong. There are just some things that a man should do on his own. If not, he’s probably never going to do them—at least not with you.
Wondering what they are? Keep reading.