All Articles Tagged "bread"
You probably already know that a diet too high in salt can increase a person’s risk of heart attack, stroke, heart failure, and dying from other heart-related causes.
But Americans continue to consume close to 3,300 mg of sodium daily —
about 1,000 mg more salt than recommended.
Most adults shouldn’t consume more than 2,300 mg of sodium a day. People who are 51 or older, African American or who have high blood pressure, diabetes or kidney disease should limit sodium intake to less than 1,500 mg daily.
But that can be easier said than done, when you consider some of the sneaky places excess salt is lurking. Sure, you probably already know not to eat the whole bag of potato chips, and that processed meats are full of the stuff, but are you taking your breakfast into consideration?
For all the salty eats, visit BlackVoices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Early Signs Of They Jealous Type
- Juicy Details, Please: 7 Autobiographies We’d Love To Read
- 7 Men To Run From When Online Dating
- Let’s Put An End To Nose Contouring – For Good
- “Shaunie O’Neal Says She’s Too Old For Jen And Evelyn’s Drama
- Did Kerry Washington Deserve The Vanity Fair Cover?
- Unorthodox Religion: Pastor Puts Stripper Pole In Pulpit To Curb Members’ Lascivious Ways
- “Ask A Black Man” Cast – Meet Devale Ellis
Everyone loves a good fast food run. On a busy day, there’s nothing like inhaling a Big Mac, fries and strawberry milkshake to quench the hunger. But according to National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey that quenching has lead to unhealthy results– 53.4 percent of black women 20 years or older being obese.