All Articles Tagged "big ideas"
In a column for Forbes, Samantha Smith discusses the concept of “Idea Commitment & Passion Management.”If you ever felt victimized by the competition of great ideas in your mind or wrangled over which career fantasy to nurture, then you’re in need of this concept. Smith outlines several things to consider when choosing what to focus on including:
- If you had to, how do you prioritize salary, mission, the type of people you work with, location?
- Think about the space you want to be working in 5, 10, and 20 years. Is this something that will put you on that track?
- Think about the skills you want to develop, things you want to own, what you want to be known for over the next years.
- Which of these ideas has the strongest team interested or already committed?
- Factor in your personal strengths, your network, and your knowledge.
- Is this idea a challenge you enjoy thinking about and working on? Is it something you wont be bored with in a few weeks or months?
Many of these considerations apply best to one’s immediate career. Reflecting on these considerations will help you hone in on an area that you’ll most likely sustain an investment. As for your other interests, Smith suggests that you use your free time to nurture your other interests and schedule those into your weekly routine.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Do Black Designers Skip Over Black Models to Gain White Customers?
- How She Made It: Maria Lee-Driver Discusses The Success of Her Skincare Line Oria’s O’Shay’s
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: Shafonne Myers, Founder and Owner of Pretty Pear Bride Magazine
- Behind the Click: Shellye Archambeau, CEO of MetricStream
- The Career Blazers: 7 Black Female Medical Pioneers
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire