All Articles Tagged "beyonce world humanitarian day"
Beyonce’s music video “I Was Here” for the UN’s World Humanitarian Day campaign generated one billion messages encouraging people to do a good deed on Sunday.
The campaign is designed to increase the amount of good deeds done by ordinary people, and additionally, to give something back to those partaking humanitarian work. The campaign asked people to help others on Sunday by making sandwiches for the homeless or volunteering at a local charity.
“The World Humanitarian Day 2012 campaign has made social media history by sharing more than one billion messages of hope,” the UN said in a statement. “World Humanitarian Day is a time to recognize those who face danger and adversity in order to help others.”
As previously reported, Beyonce performed her song “I Was Here,” from her latest album “4,” at the United Nations in New York last week to promote World Humanitarian Day. The performance was taped and the music video debuted Sunday.
Check out the video and the list of celebs who participated in World Humanitarian Day on EurWeb.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities