All Articles Tagged "Backstabbers"
We can breathe a sigh of relief that Serena Williams doesn’t really plan on launching a rap career. However, the people who leaked the single we heard from her last week better duck for cover because the hot-headed tennis pro is not happy that the track went viral.
The song, which I’ll give the unofficial title of “What a Minute Now” wasn’t the worst thing to come out of a studio session, but it wasn’t exactly the best. All that matters though, is Serena didn’t endorse it’s release and she’s pretty angry her so-called friends took it upon themselves to do so. During a press conference after her victory against Nadia Petrova Wednesday at the Italian Open in Rome, she told reporters:
“Well, I was in the studio with friends and I wanted to do something and so they said – do this and it was for me. The next thing I know — that was one or two years ago and then I read online that I was a rapper and so my back-stabbing friends did that to me and so if I see them, I will act like a rapper — if you can get my drift.”
If you’ve ever seen Serena flip out on the court after a ref makes a call she doesn’t agree with, you know these back-stabbers better heed this warning. It is pretty shady to throw your girl under the bus like that publicly like she wouldn’t know who was responsible. I wonder if one of those friends is Baltimore Ravens player Bryant McKinnie who owns the studio where she recorded. Whoever the culprits are, we can assume she won’t be rapping on any more tracks with their assistance in their future.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Have You Gotten Over Your First Love?
- Wendy, Please Stop Speaking For All Black Women and Their Need To Be Natural
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Lil Kim On What Really Went Down With Faith, Her Face, and The Engagement No One Knew About
- MN Exclusive: Eric Benét Discusses New Album and Explains His Ode To “Redbone Girl”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Girlfriends”
- How To Achieve Heatless Curls Around The House