All Articles Tagged "altercation"
PR Log has cooked up a mess of a story concerning Lil Kim and her thoughts on Drake and Chris Brown’s club altercation last week, but the question is, is it true?
According to their press release from the Phoenix New Times, the Queen Bee made this statement about their fight:
“I mean, people are so hard on Chris (Brown). He made a mistake, he owned up to it, and he and Rihanna have moved on with their lives. But since that incident it’s so easy to blame Chris. What I know about Drake is he is b****-made. Meaning he’s an instigator, and a p*ssy. He had no issue stepping to Lil Kim, I’m like five feet tall. But he didn’t try stepping to Chris, a man, because he’s simply a coward. At the end of the day, you don’t gotta be a tough guy to be a rapper, but don’t dress up in Gangsta Drag when you a b****. Drake’s a bottom – y’all know what I mean when I say that.”
That sounds like ’90s Kim right there, but the only problem is her publicist has come out to say there’s no truth to the story at all. According to VH1 he said:
“JUST AN FYI..THAT ARTICLE BY THE PHOENIX TIMES IS FICTICIOUS..A FAKE,A FRAUD,END OF STORY,IM NOT SPEAKING ON IT ANYMORE SMH @ PHOENIX”
That’s not the most official sounding statement but it definitely appears to be some effort at damage control. Sites exaggerate drama all the time, but PR Log would be pretty bold to just throw that type of statement out there. Plus, with Lil Kim’s beef with Nicki Minaj, it wouldn’t be too surprising that she’d come for another YMCMB member. I guess we’ll have to take her publicists word though and assume Kim’s not that raw—anymore.
What do you think? Does this sound like something Lil Kim would say about Drake?
More on Madame Noire!
- Noire Naturals, Episode 1: The Natural Twist Out
- In Coolest Ish Ever News: Photographer Gives Black Barbie a Traditional Nigerian Wedding
- Snatch It Off! Celebrities Who Should Toss Their Wigs
- Controlling, Manipulative & A Crazy Beyotch: 7 Signs This Might Be You in Your Relationship…
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- MN Exclusive: Teedra Moses Dishes on Her Faithful Following, Finding Love, and Rick Ross
- The Joys of Thrift Shopping: Why I Shop at Goodwill and NOT Forever 21
Roughly 20 black men, women, and children are said to have been involved in a brutal beat down that occurred in Mobile, AL, Saturday and left the man seen here, Matthew Owens, in critical condition. Four days later, the circumstances surrounding the altercation are still a bit fuzzy.
Many reports on the attack have labelled it a hate crime while others have called it retaliation for Trayvon Martin since one of the men involved in the fight was heard saying, “Now that’s justice for Trayvon” when the beating ended. Mobile’s mayor Sam Jones says that quote has been blown out of proportion and new details suggest that Owens may have actually been the original aggressor in the altercation. One person told WPMI that Owens was spewing racial slurs at people on a basketball court and even pulled out two kitchen knives. Another witness quoted him as saying:
”He’s going to lynch all the black kids, he hates black n***ers, he hates that we moved on this street.”
It’s these new details that have stopped investigators from looking into this beating as a hate crime, Mayor Jones says.
“Wait for the facts as far as we’re concerned right now,” he told Fox 10. “But, I would caution people to not jump to conclusions right now. This is really very divisive in communities throughout the country, and I don’t think we have any reason to be divisive here because I don’t see any evidence of that.”
Though Owens is awake now and says he doesn’t know why he was attacked, at the time, he was left unconscious with bleeding on his brain after the fight and witnesses say he was beaten with bricks, bats, and cans of paint by the mob. His wrap sheet doesn’t do much to clear claims that he may have been the aggressor in the case. He’s been booked on charges of assault, domestic violence, harassment and public intoxication in the past. Despite whatever motivation may have led up to the incident, the brutality of the attack is rather extreme. Still, no one has been arrested thus far.
What do you think about this situation?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)
Oh snap! Everyone’s favorite dancing machine and sometimes blonde-haired boy wonder will be making his mark on the Grammy stage this Sunday according to the folks over at The Associated Press and The Recording Academy. Back in 2009, Brown was set to become a household name for his dancing and singing skills since he and girlfriend Rihanna were set to perform, but the night before the big awards show…well, we all know what happened. He did become a household name, but for all the wrong reasons.
But as Puffy and Mase used to say, “Can’t nobody hold me down!” Brown, who is nominated for three Grammys including Best R&B album, will take the same stage as his ex Rihanna, who is slated to perform alongside Coldplay during the night’s festivities. The Bajan singer is also nominated for the coveted Album of the Year for her Loud album. It might be the first event (NOT club) where both Brown and Rihanna are in the same vicinity–in front of a worldwide audience, so if you were expecting some googly eyes or too see folks talking to one another, it’s not going to happen.As for his performance, with Breezy, expect a whole lot of dancing–seriously, like more dancing than singing, as if he’s dancing for his livelihood. But I’m not mad at the brother, that’s just what he does.
This should be great–as long as Brown doesn’t do “She Ain’t You.” Sorry, but that just would be a bit awkward don’t you think?
Other last minute performers slated to hit the stage include Alicia Keys, who will join Bonnie Raitt in a tribute for the late Etta James. It’s pretty safe to say that this year’s Grammys, which will also feature a live performance by Adele (her first since her latest surgery), will be a big one.
Will you be watching?
More on Madame Noire!
- You Mad? 7 Signs That Your Attitude Is Hurting You More Than Others
- Does Dating White Trump Your Black Card?
- Swapping Spit: 7 Gag-Worthy Celebrity Kisses
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- My Name is My Name: Why We Need to Do Better in Naming Our Children
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- Can You Marry Someone You Don’t Love?
- Hair Q&A: Work-Out Styles and Heat Damage