(Smartmoney.com) — The company announced Monday that sales of the devices topped the benchmark on April 30 – 28 days after it became available to consumers. Apple is also benefitting from sales of related products. IPad users have downloaded over 12 million apps from the App Store and over 1.5 million e-books from the new iBookstore, according to the company. Apple, which sold 70,000 iPads per day in the first week, is now selling about 36,000 a day, according to BMO Capital Markets analyst Keith Bachman. The analyst says strong sales trends are likely to continue through the quarter with help from the 3G version, which went on sale April 30.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN