Co-parenting isn’t working out so well for Usher and his ex-wife. TMZ got its hands on paperwork Tameka Raymond filed in Georgia asking a judge to grant her sole physical custody of their two children, claiming that Usher isn’t holding up to the legal obligations of their parenting agreement—and he closed her Saks 5th Avenue credit card.
The court documents contain a number of complaints against Usher, claiming he has failed to:
- Obtain her permission to travel outside the state with the kids. (He’s legally obligated to do so.)
- Get approval from her before hiring nannies.
- Give her the first opportunity to watch the kids when he’s away for more than 8 hours.
- Allow her to take the kids for 2 weeks in the summer of 2011.
- Let her have custody of the kids during Christmas break 2010.
Tameka also claims that Usher promised to pay her $5,000 per month to hire her own nanny but he hasn’t paid in months and now owes her $34,000 in payments. Usher isn’t refusing to pay because he’s strapped for cash either. Tameka says there has been a “substantial change in [Usher's] income” since their divorce and a result she should be entitled to more child support. And back to that Saks 5th card, Tameka says Usher specifically said he wouldn’t close the account and now that he has, she no longer reaps the “special benefits” the card offers.
Sounds to me like Tameka may still be a little bitter about the divorce. Yes, Usher is slacking a bit when it comes to following protocol, but not so much that he should be stripped of joint custody. I bet if he drops a few stacks and reinstates her Saks 5th card, Tameka suddenly won’t care so much about those missed vacations.
What do you think about Tameka’s claims? Should she be granted full custody of the boys because Usher isn’t following the rules of their joint-custody agreement?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- “Weave Wisdom” Episode 3: How To Maintain A Hair Weave
- Two New ‘Basketball Wives’ Added to Miami Season 4 Cast
- Post Breakup Tips to Reclaim Your Mind, Body and Soul
- The Questions He Hopes You Never Ask
- Evelyn Lozada and Ochocinco Spinoff Series Coming to VH1
- 9 Inconvenient Truths About Men and Cheating
- Are You in Love Or Lust? Check Out These Signs