Rocsi is finally explaining that awkward 106 & Park moment that occured a month ago when Terrance J announced that Webbie was no longer welcome on the show. Everyone speculated that Webbie, who appeared as a Freestyle Friday judge Oct. 14, was flirting a little too hard with the hostess, but in a recent interview, Rocsi called the rapper’s behavior all out sexual harassment.
She says, “I have thick skin, but when you’re at your job and someone sexually harasses you in a manner that is very vulgar and disgusting, I have no shame sticking up for myself and telling you that you’re improper…
“I think people should more so applaud a woman sticking up for herself and the people around her sticking up for her than allowing that kind of behavior to happen and I think we allow that behavior to happen too much in our society and we don’t put light on people being inappropriate.”
Rocsi is absolutely correct about what we allow, especially from rappers. Some people seem to think that sort of disrespectful behavior goes along with the territory, and many people questioned whether she was simply blowing Webbie’s behavior out of proportion—despite the numerous inappropriate interviews he has done. I think it’s important that Terrence J and BET stood up for her the way they did.
Check out the rest of Rocsi’s interview below. What do you think about BET banning Webbie from 106 & Park as a result of this incident?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- In the Spirit of Christmas: Is It Ever Too Late to Reunite with Your Father?
- Are You on a Real Date — Or An “Almost Date”?
- Get Choked Up: 10 Collar Necklaces Worthy of Happy Tears
- The Questions He Hopes You Never Ask
- Reagan Gomez’s Marriage Advice: ‘Keep People Out of Your Business’
- 9 Inconvenient Truths About Men and Cheating
- Caught Cheating? How To Move Forward After Being Unfaithful