There are different emotional and physiological components to both love and lust. Romantic attraction and feelings of love for someone elevates our dopamine and serotonin levels, which causes feelings of elation and loss of appetite. When we get to the point of feeling attachment and a more long-term phase of love, our bodies generate more oxytocin (known as the “hormone of love”). Lust, on the other hand, is more dependent on sex drive and an appetite for sex. It is generated by increased testosterone levels in both men and women. Heightened levels of testosterone inspire a feeling of focused attention and sexual arousal. So what are you experiencing now; love or lust? Check out these signs that you’re in lust, or if it’s really love.
More on Madame Noire!
- 15 Women Who Married Celebrity Men Who Started From The Bottom
- Surprise Pregnancies And The Insane Che Mack: 9 Ratch Things We Learned While Watching Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Last Night
- That'll Do: Movie Franchises We've Definitely Had Enough Of
- At A Loss For Words? Good Topics To Talk About On A First Date
- For The Fellas: Signs A Woman May Be Totally Crazy
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN