More star power has been added to the lineup for the VH1 Divas special airing next month. Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius, and Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, will now join Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Florence Welch, and Jessie J for the annual special. Boys II Men and Travie McCoy will also perform.
VH1 Divas will also celebrate soul this year by paying tribute Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis, and Philadelphia–the so-called soulful cities which inspired the headlining divas. The special airs Monday, Dec. 19, at 9 pm.
What do you think about the additional acts? Who are you most excited to see?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Signs Your Man Will Never Grow Up
- Keri Hilson No Likey Beyoncé? Singer Politely Disses Her at Soul Train Awards
- Get Choked Up: 10 Collar Necklaces Worthy of Happy Tears
- For the Proactive Woman: 7 Ways to Capture His Heart
- Reagan Gomez’s Marriage Advice: ‘Keep People Out of Your Business’
- 9 Inconvenient Truths About Men and Cheating
- Why You’re Attracted to Older Men