Black Celeb Stylist June Ambrose Covers AVENUE Magazine
June Ambrose has landed the cover of Manhattan’s oldest society magazine, AVENUE, and she looks glamorous in sequins from head to toe. Inside, the style maven talks “Making the Brand”—going from an investment banker to a dominant force on the urban fashion and music scene, and her upcoming reality TV show, “The June Ambrose Project,” airing on VH1.
She tells the mag, “I always wanted to walk into a room and be the focus of it, that was just my shtick. I was going to use myself to get my foot in the door and make things happen.” I’d say she has certainly achieved that goal and much more, all while balancing family and motherhood—before the age of 40.
Check out the full cover story on the AVENUEinsider. Are you loving that June Ambrose is front and center on the elite style scene?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Reasons to Date a Geek
- Protecting Your Do — But He Hates Your Headscarf!
- Beyond BMI: Why Black Women Need Fairer Measures of Health
- Oh, The Faux Pas! Celebrities Who Need To Fire Their Stylists
- The Number One Thing Men Find Attractive
- 8 People You Don’t Want to Sit Near on the Way Home for Thanksgiving
- Ratchet News: Cross-Dressing Man Arrested for Injecting Cement into Woman’s Butt