Venus Williams is already getting back on the green after dropping out of the U.S. Open following a diagnosis of Sjogren’s syndrome. Her first opponent will be her sister, Serena.
The sisters will compete in an exhibition match in Colombia on Wednesday. Venus says she is up for the challenge after changing her diet to help her battle the immune disorder which causes joint pain and fatigue.
“I did a lot of medical therapy and a serious evaluation of my diet to understand which foods help control the symptoms better,” she told the Gazzetta. “And that’s why I’ve completely changed my diet and filled it with a lot of vegetables. In the meantime, I’ve continued to keep myself fit with tennis and in the gym. I’m very confident in my progress.”
After playing her sister in Medellin, Venus will join Serena in another exhibition match against Italians Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta on December 3 in Milan. It’s good to see Venus back at it so soon. Who will you root for Wednesday?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Mama’s Boys: Celebrity Stars And Their Sons
- Think He’s Cheating? Think Again…
- Do You Wear the Pants? 7 Signs That Say Yes!
- Reality Rewind: Classic Sayings From Our Favorite Shows
- Give Thanks With These Holiday Etiquette Tips
- Booty-licious! Ankle Boots for Every Budget
- Woman to Woman: When Love is Not Enough