It’s hard to separate LisaRaye from her “Player’s Club” stripper image—not that the numerous booty shots she’s had in men’s magazines do anything to help that. But members at the City of Refuge mega church in Gardena, CA, may have to do just that if Sister McCoy is going to become their first lady. Rumor has it that she’s dating the church’s pastor, Noel Jones, and the couple is seriously considering marriage.
As is par for the B-list entertainer course, LisaRaye is also rumored to be shopping a reality show on the pastor’s behalf called “Keeping up with the Joneses.” Brother Jones apparently is interested in television and furthering his career beyond traditional pastoring. What better way than a reality show? (Note sarcasm).
The pastor of the church, which is home to many celebs like Will Smith and Jada Pinkett, is also rumored to have dated Nene Leakes but “she had too much baggage.” All things considered, it doesn’t sound like this divorced pastor is much of a step up from LisaRaye’s corrupt prime minister ex-husband, Michael Misisck. Sounds like the two might just be looking for spotlight and a new revenue stream.
Can you really see LisaRaye as a preacher’s wife?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Reasons to Date a Geek
- Protecting Your Do — But He Hates Your Headscarf!
- Beyond BMI: Why Black Women Need Fairer Measures of Health
- Oh, The Faux Pas! Celebrities Who Need To Fire Their Stylists
- The Number One Thing Men Find Attractive
- 8 People You Don’t Want to Sit Near on the Way Home for Thanksgiving
- Ratchet News: Cross-Dressing Man Arrested for Injecting Cement into Woman’s Butt