About “Thanksgiving Madness”
The holiday season is finally here, and we all know what that means: friends, family and food! But, if you’re not careful the holiday season can be stressful. In this episode, you will learn how to whiz through your Thanksgiving week with minimal stress. Check out an app that can help you ace your dinner planning, see what our guest Lamar Tyler of BlackAndMarriedWithKids.com recommends for traveling with kids, and check out a cute activity your child can do to keep the family focused on the reason for the season!
Featured Guest: Lamar Tyler
Along with his wife Ronnie, Lamar Tyler is Co-Founder of the largest black marriage and parenting site on the web BlackandMarriedWithKids.com. They’ve also produced several films including Happily Ever After: A Positive Image of Black Marriage which has a Facebook page with over 90 thousand fans. The Tylers have four children and have built a movement around promoting positive images of marriage and parenting in the black community.
- Website: www.BlackandMarriedWithKids.com
- Twitter: @lamartyler @blackandmarried
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/happilyeverafterthemovie
Episode Links & Resources
- LINK: CHOW iPhone App helps you get organized for Thanksgiving dinner
- SOCIAL MEDIA BRIEF: What are your family’s Thanksgiving traditions? Do you have any memorable Thanksgiving moments?
- LINK: Tips for Traveling With Kids
- ARTS & CRAFTS RESOURCE: Turkey Pattern for Thanksgiving Day Game
- LINK: Last Minute Thanksgiving Day Tips & Tricks
- LINK:Kids Fall Crafts
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Bust Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!