Beverly Johnson & Daughter Snag Reality Show on OWN
A new show featuring former supermodel Beverly Johnson is coming to Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network this winter. The channel has picked up “Beverly’s Full House,” a reality series that follows Johnson as she adjusts to:
-Her daughter, plus-size model Anansa,
-Her ex-NFL player son-in-law David, and
-Their newborn baby, Ava,
Moving into her home in Palm Springs. Wow!
OWN describes the season in a press release: “Throughout the season, Beverly tries with varying degrees of success to bond with her daughter and son-in-law. Despite sometimes overstepping her boundaries and at times having her intentions misunderstood, she loves her family and is determined to right past wrongs. Along the way, viewers will witness the drama, good times and bad times as Beverly’s traditional/non-traditional family comes together, bound by love, and learns to make it all work.”
“Beverly’s Full House” will premier on the network in February. Sounds like this could actually be a wholesome reality TV show. Will you watch?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Sit Down Boo Boo: 7 Types of Arrogant Men
- Get the Hair Look: Keke Palmer’s Beach Waves
- StyleBlazer Video: “How I Made It” Episode 1 – Essence Editor Mikki Taylor
- 7 Reasons Nice Guys Finish First
- 8 Reasons Your First Date — Might Be Your Last
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Nervous Virgin & an Eager Wifeseeker
- 20 Ways to Relate, Release & Refresh on a Budget