Scary Tampon Product Recall — Kotex Being Taken Off Shelves
So about 1,400 cases of Kotex tampons are being recalled because of plastic tubing that may be contaminated with germ Enterobacter sakazakii. The bacteria can cause health problems, including vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, pelvic inflammatory disease or other, potentially life-threatening infections.
The recall applies to limited cases of Kotex Natural Balance Security Unscented Tampons Regular Absorbency distributed to Walmart, Fry’s, and Smith’s stores in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and Arizona.
So far, no one has reported any health problems and only one tampon was found to be contaminated, but anyone who has used their tampons and has “unusual vaginal discharge, headache, rash, fever, vomiting or abdominal pains” is urged to contact a doctor.
Be alert ladies.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ready For A Ring? Find Out What Men Look for When Choosing A Wife
- The Future of Famous: Cute Kids Of Our Favorite Celebrities
- The Jingling Baby: Bold and Fashionable Bracelets
- Husband Hunting? 10 Traits To Look For In A Spouse
- Does Your Relationship Need a Refresh
- She Get It From Her Mama! Mother & Daughter Stars We Love
- Hair Drama: What Not to Do When You Decide to Weave it Up