A rep for Zoe Saldana has confirmed that the actress and her fiance, Keith Britton, have “amicably separated after 11 years.”
Saldana and Britton’s engagement became public in June 2010, and at the time Saldana was said to be “thrilled.” Other reports in Us magazine painted a different picture though, remarking that “[Zoe] doesn’t even introduce him as her fiance. She will just say, ‘This is Keith.’ She likes to keep her personal life to herself and wants people to focus on her as an actress.”
There’s no word on why the couple decided to call it quits, but their joint business ventures are expected to stay intact.
“[They] remain committed business partners as co-founders of fashion resource MyFDB.com,” Saldana’s rep said. “Respect of their privacy is appreciated during this time.”
Do you think the split could be a result of Saldana’s increasing fame or just a result of the relationship running its course?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ready For A Ring? Find Out What Men Look for When Choosing A Wife
- The Future of Famous: Cute Kids Of Our Favorite Celebrities
- The Jingling Baby: Bold and Fashionable Bracelets
- Husband Hunting? 10 Traits To Look For In A Spouse
- Does Your Relationship Need a Refresh
- She Get It From Her Mama! Mother & Daughter Stars We Love
- Hair Drama: What Not to Do When You Decide to Weave it Up