Patti LaBelle Covers JET, Talks Kicking Off Her Shoes & More!
Ms. Patti will be on the cover of JET magazine’s Nov. 21/28 issue hitting stands soon, and inside the diva — whose career has spanned five decades — discusses everything from cooking to kicking off her shoes in concert.
Here are a a few exepts from Bossip.com.
On her culinary beginnings:
I started out making hot sauce in my garage. My parents used to cook their faces off and I watched. I just put in garlic, cayenne pepper and ketchup. I was about 7. I was playing with cats and lightning bugs and making hot sauce. Everybody said the liked it so I had to believe them.
On the next steps for Patti’s brand:
I have bedding. I will be coming out with china and different things like that for Macy’s. I’m doing it, boo. I love decorating as well as I do cooking and singing. That was a natural.
On kicking off her shoes on her current tour:
We’re in venues that hold maybe 5,000 people. Most of the time, we’re sold out. You can expect a great show. I go out there, look at the audience and I freestyle. It makes me feel great. I’m still kicking my stilettos off.
Alright Ms. Patti! A true diva in every way. Will you be picking up this issue of JET?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 10 Very Annoying Things on Facebook
- 6 Dating Rules That Shouldn’t Exist Anymore
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Bad Sex, Dry Cake & Black Woman Green Hair
- How to Make Stretching Your Relaxer a Breeze
- Selita Ebanks Punches Woman For “Hitting On” Boo Terrence J
- How Your Childhood Affects Your Relationships
- Straight From His Lips: 8 Men Myths That Aren’t Always True