Black Girls Rock. And we know it. In a new survey by Allure magazine, 2,000 men and women were asked to rate their personal attractiveness and African-American women were three times as likely as Caucasian women to rate themselves at the hot end of the spectrum. Go us!
Results like these and those from the Dove study showing we love our hair fly right in the face of other reports like Satoshi Kanazawa’s Psychology Today study suggesting black women are the least attractive. Say what you want about black women. We know we’re hot and we won’t let society make us think otherwise. Even though attacks on the larger women among us are growing in the media and in our own community.
Where would you rate your looks on a scale from hot to pretty easy on the eyes? Is there a lot you would change about yourself?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 10 Very Annoying Things on Facebook
- 6 Dating Rules That Shouldn’t Exist Anymore
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Bad Sex, Dry Cake & Black Woman Green Hair
- How to Make Stretching Your Relaxer a Breeze
- Selita Ebanks Punches Woman For “Hitting On” Boo Terrence J
- How Your Childhood Affects Your Relationships
- Straight From His Lips: 8 Men Myths That Aren’t Always True