Amber Rose is said to be channeling her inner Beyonce, or make that Sasha Fierce, for the music career she hopes to launch soon. She chatted with BET recently and said she’s been putting in serious hours at the studio. Explaining her music style and inspirations, she said:
“My sound is more house, club music. My inspirations are Missy, Pitbull, Fergie—I love the sound of her voice. I want to make really fun, high energy music that will make you dance. Everyone knows I’m from Philly, it’s a very musical city. I grew up with my mom playing music all day long, before school, after school, during dinner. I love music, I always have. And I’ve always written music, but it was very personal for me. But I sat and had a conversation with my beautiful boyfriend Wiz, and showed him and he was like, ‘Baby, you’re so talented. You could really do this.’ And he just gave me inspiration and I’m really taking it serious. You guys are going to love it.”
You can check out the full interview below, when she says ‘When I’m In The Studio, I’m Like Sasha Fierce.’ Sorry Amber, but I don’t think anybody can do it like Bey. What do you think about Amber Rose launching a music career?
She also switched up her ‘do a little and rocked a sleek blonde come over. Are you feeling it?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Making It: Stars Who Were Once Homeless
- Is His Appetite for Adult Films Killing Your Relationship?
- Ask The Luv Coach: “I’ve Got Drama With My Male Best Friend’s Girl”
- 10 Ways To Be A Better Friend
- 7 Silly Ways You Are Ruining Your Relationship
- Light Skinned Women: Let Go of the Guilt
- Should They Have Stayed? Flames Before The Fame and Fortune