Black Bean Soup
This yummy soup recipe from Eating Well is low in calories and high on deliciousness. It’s perfect to make on Sunday night and pack for a Meatless Monday lunch. Pack a piece of whole grain bread with it for a meal that’s both filling and nutritious. Don’t even trip if your co-workers hate on your healthy lunch and head to Wendy’s. Unlike them, you’ll be able to fit into your jeans on Friday night.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chili powder and ground cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add beans, water, salsa and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and puree (use caution when pureeing hot liquids). Stir the puree back into the saucepan. Serve garnished with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
- You Have 0 New Messages: Signs It's Time To Re-Vamp Your Online Dating Profile Now
- Do It Now! 10 Steps To Fighting Procrastination
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN