Consuming less meat is both good for your health and good for the planet. Research has shown that reducing your meat intake and increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet can reduce you risk for diseases like cancer, heart disease and help fight obesity. Feeling fit and looking fly are not the only reasons to reduce your meat consumption. Eating less meat also minimizes your carbon footprint. Livestock emit a tremendous amount of harmful greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change. But if you’re not ready to give up that hamburger completely, try forgoing a meaty meal such as that once a week. “Meatless Monday” is an international campaign that encourages giving up meat on Mondays for better health and a better environment. Interested? Here are seven meatless recipes to get you started.
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural