You know how you can spot a hot hairstyle in a magazine but when your stylist tries it on you, it just doesn’t look the same—and then you’re mad, disappointed, and out of $60 or more? Essence has created a new app that can hopefully eliminate that problem by allowing you to experience new hairstyles virtually.
The Hot Hair Try-On app is like the interactive version on Essence.com—You simple upload a photo of yourself and see how more than 300 different celebrity hairstyles and colors match your face shape and skin tone. The new on-the-go version also allows you to share looks on Facebook and receive hair tips from the magazine’s editors.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Splitsville: 7 Celeb Couples Who Divorced in Record Time
- Falling in Love with an Ugly Man
- The Truth @bout Natural Hair With Anu: Weekly Q&A
- Top 9 Ways to Impress Your Future Employer
- How to Date Two Men… Without Being a Total Beyotch
- How They Met: Harlem Lovebirds, Quiana and Uka
- Hairstyle Dos and Don’ts for Round Faces: Ashanti