“Columbiana” actress Zoe Saldana covers the South African issue of Cosmopolitan this month. Judging from the advice she gives her niece on dealing with bullies, I can see why the Dominican beauty was so amped about being able to kick butt in her latest film.
“I’ve been trying to teach my niece to be verbal rather than physical and always to speak to an adult if another child is bothering her. But if you have tried every civilized angle to defend yourself, I’m saying bust someone’s kneecap if you have to. I’m okay with that.”
I love her.
What do you think of Zoe’s cover and her “bust a kneecap” advice? She’s tougher than she looks.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 6 Good Reasons to Date “Other” Men
- Hair Foods: Nourishing Products Straight From Your Kitchen
- Uh, Come Get Your Kids! Things SOME Parents Need to Stop Doing
- Rapper Wale Wants to Advocate for Black Women: Please Don’t
- Falling in Love with an Ugly Man
- Kris Humphries Before and After: Did Kim Kardashian Kill His Hot?
- Fall Shows That Are Winners (Bonus: And They Have Some Black Characters!)