Not sure if anyone else remembers, but Latifah hosted The Queen Latifah Show from 1999-2001. After the most random of guests, including everyone from Ralph Nader, Rick James, her old Living Single cast mates, and everyday people she unsuccessfully tried to dole out advice to, Latifah’s show was canceled after two seasons. You think that would be a sign of some sort.
PSYCH! She’s back. Or better yet, she will be back in 2013, throwing her hat in the daytime talk show ring once again. A partnership with Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Sony Pictures Television, and Queen’s Flavor Unit, she’ll be back, most likely chatting it up with the rich and famous. Overbrook Entertainment’s Miguel Melendez said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter that after years of knowing Latifah and both Will and Jada happily working with her, they all wanted to collaborate on something big: “We have known and admired Latifah for over 20 years: dating back to our music days, to her first television role on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and years later when she worked with Jada on the film Set it Off.”
Well, if she’s excited, I”m….let’s just say I’m happy for her. Do the damn thing dear! And send some of that money this-a-way…(*winks*)
Will you check out her talk show this second time around?
More on Madame Noire!
- Sibling Rivalry: Related Stars Who Share The Spotlight
- The Anatomy of a Mean Girl: Part Good & Part Bad
- Halloween Costumes To Avoid
- High Bun It! 7 Hair Looks To Inspire A Perfect Updo
- Six Signs You May Be Forcing A Relationship
- Yup, You Said It: The Most Hilarious Reader Comments Of The Week
- There’s Just Something About Him: Our Favorite “Strangely” Attractive Guys